(Helping under-served generously)
- It is a fact that Healthcare.gov (Obamacare) does not provide insurance to household adults whose income is below 100% Federal Poverty Level.
- Texas did not expand Medicaid for poor adults either.
- As a result, there are over 120,000 adults in Travis and Williamson Counties without health Insurance.
In 2018*, statistics showed that Texas alone had 18% uninsured in its population, double that of the uninsured U.S. total population of 9%. With the 2020 census underway and the current economic crisis caused by the coronavirus pandemic, that percentage is expected to quickly rise.
Sponsor a patient $100 per month
The HUG (Help Underserved Generously) project is a medical benefit sponsorship program serving the health care needs of under-privileged people through charitable donations. Help provide medical care for a person in need today.
Each $100 donation we receive is given to contracted community-based medical providers to take care of our chronic condition patients. Monthly donations would cover costs for unlimited primary care doctor’s visits, preventative-healthcare, blood work, radiology work and telemedicine services.
All donations are 100% tax-deductible and since EHS is a 501(C)(3) humanitarian charity organization, employees who participate in their employers matching donation program can double the impact they make! Don’t forget to check with your company’s HR/Benefits department if EHS is on their list of charities. Donate today and be part of a great cause to help our communities live healthier.
Benefits provided to the underserved through the HUG project include:
- Access to Direct Primary Care (DPC). Unlimited urgent care visits, preventative care, routine exams, and chronic condition management. Visits during DPC clinic hours
- 24/7 Telemedicine
- Annual Pathology Lab Testing for preventative healthcare
- Radiology imaging if a medical necessity
*Source: (txmed.org) Texas Medical Association – Quick statistics on the Uninsured in Texas and the U.S.